Re: Public Protector clears Musina Municipality on allegations of nepotism, corruption and inflation
of Strategic Planning Session prices
Following media reports and complaints from some individuals, the Office of the Public Protector has
investigated and cleared Musina Municipality on the following allegations:
- Alleged nepotism thorough appointment of friends and relatives of senior municipal officials.
- Allegations that some of the positions filled are not in the municipal organogram.
- That some job applications were submitted late and by fax.
- Allegations that some of the appointed candidates did not meet job requirements and salary
adjustments were done without following the correct procedures.
- Allegations relating to inflation of prices when the Municipality hosted a Strategic Planning Session
in March 2013.
All the above allegations were carefully investigated by the Office of the Public Protector and no wrong doing
was found on the part of the Municipality.
We would like to assure our people that we will continue to deliver quality services and implement clean
administration to bring a better life for all.
Issued by : Wilson Dzebu
Communications Manager, Musina Local Municipality
Tel: 015 534 6132
Cell: 083 457 2187
Fax: 086 600 4091